IRO wants to be your source for builder parts. Our universal flex joint is the best solution for your control arm build where maximum misalignment is required to achieve unrestricted articulation in your suspension. These precision machined parts come unassembled.PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 2" MOUNTING WIDTH - Bolts directly into most Jeep upper control arm mounts30Â° TOTAL MISALIGNMENT - Far more than most other competitor's joints. We haven't found one with more articulation yet.
- UHMW BEARING RACES - The choice we made to use this material was simple. Here is the wikipedia definition so you know why: Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE or sometimes shortened to UHMW), also known as high-modulus polyethylene (HMPE) or high-performance polyethylene (HPPE), is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. It has extremely long chains, with molecular weight numbering in the millions, usually between 2 and 6 million. The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made. It is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals, with exception of oxidizing acids. It has extremely low moisture absorption, has a very low coefficient of friction, is self-lubricating, and is highly resistant to abrasion (15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel). Its coefficient of friction is significantly lower than that of nylon and acetal, and is comparable to that of Teflon, but UHMWPE has better abrasion resistance than Teflon. It is odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic.
- GREASABLE - Incredibly long lasting
- NO SNAP RINGS - This joint bolts together without the use of snap rings or threaded jam nuts.
- NO SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED - No spanner wrench or custom tool is needed to assemble or maintain these joints
- INCREDIBLE STRENGTH - Easily with stands the high axial loads of triangulated link suspensions.
- FULLY REBUILDABLE - Simple and inexpensive to rebuild. This is the last joint you'll ever have to buy.